Ladies & Gentlemen,
Dear Visitors of the Model United Nations of Goldberg website,
the worldwide situation due to the Covid-19 pandemic is a challenging one - also for our MUNOG conference. Although MUNOG is to be held only in October, it is impossible to predict how measures to prevent the further spread of the virus might affect our 2020 conference.
The project’s vital core resides in personal encounters and exchange with international participants. We cannot foresee the restrictions that might – still in October – make it difficult, if not impossible to travel across borders. Furthermore, a permission to gather in large groups of people is also not guaranteed. However, we are hoping for the best and are still working tirelessly on the preparation of the conference.
As a consequence of recent events though, the Executive Committee of MUNOG 2020 would like to inform on the following:
· We are sorry to announce that, unlike in previous years, it is no longer possible for us to guarantee 100 beds in host families. Maybe more of you might have to consider staying in a hostel, but we will be in close contact about that matter – Perhaps the conference fees of those staying in a hostel can be reduced to a certain extend.
· Even though we are confident that the project can take place without any restrictions, we are currently working on possible (digital) alternatives.
· In case of a cancellation all conference fees will be refunded.
· It is still possible to apply for a chair position, we are looking forward to receiving some more applications.
· All participating schools will instantly receive further information in case of any changes regarding conference details.
In this difficult and demanding time we would like to genuinely ask for your understanding and truly hope to welcome you all in Sindelfingen to experience an unforgettable MUNOG conference.
H.E. Bennet Weber
Secretary General of MUNOG 2020
Model United Nations of Goldberg is a five-day simulation of the UNO for students from all over the world.
At MUNOG, students gain insight into the workings of the United Nations and the dynamics of international relations by assuming the roles of UN representatives and members of other international bodies and national cabinets.
MUNOG is a highly demanding project, which requires an excellent political knowledge as such as communicative and rhetorical skills of the participants.
In addition to the improvement of political knowledge and rhetorical skills, MUNOG promotes the students in enhancing their English on a high, professional level.
The intensive teamwork and the collaboration with students from other countries help the participants to enhance interpersonal skills and furthermore give the possibility to create new contacts to ambitious young adults from all over the world.
MUNOG is a perfect preparation for life and job because it helps to improve all skills that are relevant for business and career.
MUNOG takes place at the Goldberg-Gymnasium in Sindelfingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Annually, the MUNOG conference sessions are hosted in October.
We are proud to announce that our MUNOG 2020 conference session starts on 16th October 2020 with the Opening Ceremony and ends on 20th October 2020 after the official Closing Ceremony.